Frequently asked questions
on wood flooring
- What is a hardwood floor?
- Can I use Quick-Step Parquet in my kitchen?
- Engineered wood floors or solid wood flooring? What's the difference?
- Can I use Quick-Step Parquet floors in combination with underfloor heating or cooling?
- Can Quick-Step parquet be installed on top of an existing floor?
- How to install a Quick-Step hardwood floor on stairs
Preparation & installation
- What do I have to do before I start laying my wood floor?
- Where to start installing your wood flooring?
- Which underlay should I choose for my hardwood floor?
- How to install an underlay for a wood flooring?
- Which underlay should I use when I have underfloor heating?
- How to prepare the subfloor for wood flooring?
- How long should I wait before I can install Quick-Step Parquet on a fresh concrete floor or screed?
- What is the maximum floor length I can install without expansion joint?
- Which tools do I need to install a wood floor?
- How can I saw a hardwood floor?
- How to install a Quick-Step wood floor - floating installation?
- How to install a Quick-Step wood floor - glued down installation?
- How to install wood flooring in a room with slanted walls?
- How to install wood floors under a doorframe?
- How to make a transition between floor types?
- How to transition between different rooms?
Maintenance & repairs
- How to clean your hardwood floor?
- How to clean your new Parquet floor for the very first time?
- How to keep your wood floor look beautiful for many years?
- How to refinish wood flooring without sanding?
- How to remove pet urine from wooden flooring?
- How to remove stains from your wood flooring?
- How to replace a plank in a hardwood floor?
- How to fix creaking wood floors?
- How to repair your hardwood floor?
- How to use the Quick-Step repair kit?