HOW TO FINISH
Finish your Quick-Step
vinyl floor in style
Finishing Alpha Vinyl
Consult an expert
STEP 1: Install your skirting boards
For every Alpha Vinyl floor there’s a skirting board that perfectly matches its design. Installing your skirtings is easy:
- Start by measuring the corners of your room
- Use a circular saw to cut the skirting boards to the right angle
- Put glue onto each skirting board and press it firmly in place
- Make them perfectly waterproof with the dedicated Hydrostrip
STEP 2: Add profiles
Finishing profiles serve multiple purposes: they help level height differences, let you combine flooring types, and are sometimes needed in larger rooms. Luckily, all Quick-Step finishing profiles are easy to install without breaking a sweat. Depending on your taste, go for our perfectly colour-matched 5-in-1 Incizo profile, or pick one of our aluminium profiles.
STEP 3: Get all the details right
Something’s not quite right yet.” You know the feeling. Give your room the finishing touch it deserves by adding our radiator covers. Or, use the Kit to finish up the places where you cannot install skirting boards.
STEP 4: Finish your stairs
Want to go all the way? Consider adding the luxurious appeal of your new Alpha Vinyl floor to your stairs. Here’s how you do it:
- Remove all the old floor covering and make sure your stairs are clean and level.
- Saw your planks to the dimensions of each step’s vertical side.
- Glue the cut plank to the vertical side
- Place an aluminium profile on the edge of the stairs and firmly screw it into place.
- Saw your planks to size to cover each step and glue them down, making sure they fit snugly against the vertical side.
- Repeat, repeat, repeat – depending on the number of stairs.
Still got questions?
Need help finishing your project to your satisfaction?
Take a look at our help centre, which contains answers to the most frequently asked questions!