Need inspiration for your renovation? Bring nature into the heart of your home with biophilic design trends and sustainable Quick-Step laminate#inspiration #laminate
Start your spring cleaning: mopping the floor like a pro
Re-energise your interior and your floor with a thorough spring clean
Dark nights and cold damp days…the winter sometimes seems to be never-ending. Now that spring is in the air and the world is once again full of colour, just throw open the windows, and let the wonderfully fresh air energise you and your home.
Did the sun’s first rays and longer, brighter days also reveal the layers of dust and dirt that have accumulated over the past months? No need for stress - just follow a few simple spring cleaning tips and your home and floors will soon be sparkling in the sunlight.
Beautifully easy to maintain
Spring is also the perfect moment to freshen up your floor so that it looks and smells beautiful. With a lifetime guarantee, our laminate flooring is extremely hardwearing, but it still appreciates a little extra attention once in a while. Sounds time-consuming? It need not be – all Quick-Step floors are incredibly easy to maintain, whether you choose vinyl, parquet or laminate. All our floors have a sealed surface that prevents any build-up of bacteria, making them hygienic, quick and easy to clean. And of course, they look fabulous as well.
Mopping the floor in 5 easy steps
- Vacuum your floor to remove dust and dirt.
- Take your Quick-Step cleaning kit. Soak the mop in a bucket of clean water with cleaning product.
- Wring out the mop to remove excess water so that your mop is only slightly damp.
- Mop the floor, being careful not to leave any water on the planks or tiles.
- Wipe dry with a dry mop or microfiber cloth.
Declutter with Marie Kondo
Spring is the ideal time to de-clutter and take stock of your “stuff”. This year, why not let Marie Kondo’s KonMari method help you to achieve a more minimalistic interior, and create some extra space in your place?
Start by working quickly and thoroughly to sort all your belongings into categories. Once you’re done, it is time to discard all those possessions in your home that don’t “spark joy”. The KonMari process of evaluating each item’s usefulness and importance will teach you more about yourself, and make it easier to decide what stays and what goes. You’ll be amazed to see how much more space you can create!
7 ways to keep your floor in tip-top condition
You’ll have no problem in cleaning and caring for your Quick-Step floor,
but here are some extra “tricks of the trade” that may come in handy:
- Always use your Quick-Step cleaning kit, containing a microfiber mop and holder with specially formulated cleaning product.
- For best results, make sure that your mop is damp - never soaking wet.
- Never ever use natural soaps or detergents. These leave a sticky residue on the surface that can prove very hard to remove.
- Abrasive cleaning products are also a definite no-no, since these will matt down the surface of your floor.
- Leave candlewax or even chewing gum to dry completely before attempting to remove. Once dry, scrape off very gently.
- Remember to mop your planks and tiles lengthways to avoid drying streaks.
- Sand, stones and furniture are just some of the many items that can scratch your wood, vinyl or laminate floor. Prevention is better than cure: lift rather than drag furniture and use felt pads to avoid scratch marks and other damage.
There’s no time like the present, so why not spark joy and bring out the best in your floor with a good spring clean!
For detailed cleaning and maintenance advice for your floor type, check out these guides:
Minimalist interior design doesn’t need to be sterile. Explore the warm and soft side of ‘less is more’ with natural materials like parquet flooring.
Combine the best of Japanese interior design and Scandinavian design with Japandi.