All you need to install a wood floor under your doorframe is a multitool or handsaw, an automatic screwdriver and a vacuum cleaner.
Are there doorways or thresholds in the rooms where you’ll be installing your wooden flooring? Don’t panic. Simply follow the following steps.
- Before installing the wooden flooring, you should undercut the moldings of any threshold or doorway the new flooring encounters. You can do this by flipping a plank upside down and placing it on the floor up to the door frame to ensure the right cut.
- Now, place your multitool flat against the plank and simply cut through the frame. Afterwards, remove the piece of wood and vacuum away any leftover pieces.
- Decide where you want your floor to end and install the base of your Incizo profile with the help of your automatic screwdriver.
- Use a small piece of plank to determine the width of your final row. Put your plank in the right position and make a mark where it meets the doorway. Mark how far you want the plank to continue into the doorway.
- Saw away the marked piece and your floorboard should fit under the doorframe. Continue by clicking it into the previous plank.
- Prepare your second plank in the same way as explained before. It’s a bit easier doing this with two planks, but you can also do it with only one plank if that suits you better.
- Finish up by installing the end profile on top of your profile base in the door opening.
Watch the video