The purpose of an underlay is to level out minor unevennesses in the sub-floor and to provide acoustic and/or thermal insulation. As the quality of the underlay will have a major impact on the eventual quality and comfort of your Quick-Step floor, we highly recommend to always combine your Quick-Step floor with the correct Quick-Step underlay.
Which type of underfloor to choose?
There is a suitable type of underlay for every room and situation. Stop a moment to think about what you need exactly.
Discover all underlays
- Is this a room in which you be walking around only sporadically, such as a bedroom or an attic? If so, you could opt for our budget-friendly Quick-Step Basic Plus underlay.
- Or will you be installing your floor in a living room or a kitchen, which is a much more high-traffic area? If so, a sound-absorbing underlay would be a better choice, like our Quick-Step Unisound.
- Do you want to keep out the noise of footsteps to the greatest extent possible in order to create a serene working or living environment? In this case, Quick-Step Silent Walk it is exactly what you need. This is also the perfect underlay in case you have underfloor heating!
- Will you be installing a hardwood floor on the top floor of a house or in an apartment? Block out transit noise with our Quick-Step Transitsound underlay.
- If the floor onto which you will be laying your hardwood floor is rather irregular, or if you plan to install it on top of an existing tile floor, our Quick-Step Thermolevel underlay is your best option: this underlay smooths out every irregularity in the subfloor (irregularities apt to a maximum of 4 mm).