A little bit of regular care will keep your wooden flooring looking as beautiful as the day it was installed. Here are a few tips.
- Use a microfiber cloth or a vacuum cleaner to remove dust. Disposable wipes will stain your floor and attract more dust.
- Slightly moist maintenance is good – but only occasionally. Cleaning too often or using too much water is unnecessary and can even damage your floor.
- Dilute 1 cap of cleaning solution in a 5-liter bucket of water. Soak a cloth mop in the solution and wring the mop out very well. The mop should be only slightly moist. Always drag the mop backwards using a zig zag motion along the lengthwise direction of your flooring planks. Wipe the entire floor without lifting the mop or microfiber cloth. Spread the solution evenly over the floor – NEVER pour the bucket of solution on the floor.
- Wipe dry with a microfiber cloth until no more moisture is visible.
- If your wooden flooring is oiled, regular oil treatments will keep your floor from looking dry or dull while bringing out the natural beauty of the wood grain.
- Dilute 2 – 4 capfuls Oil Care in 5l of water. Ask your local dealer for advice on which type of product to use. Soak a clean mop in the solution and wring it out until the mop is only slightly moist.
- Rinse the mop regularly and don’t forget to wring it out well.
- Allow the floor some time to dry before using it again. Depending on the humidity level in the room, 1-2 hours should suffice.
Learn more about cleaning your hardwood floor>
We recommend a dry cleaning of the hardwood floor by using the Quick-Step Microfiber Mop. Cleaning with a slightly damp mop is also possible, but only occasionally. Cleaning to often or using a damp mop is unnecessary and may even irreparably damage your floor.
Watch the video