Can I use another underlay than the one proposed by Quick-Step?
Yes, but be careful. Not all underlays are suited for vinyl floors. Any problems with your floor related to a non-Unilin underlay will void your warranty.
Benefits of using a Quick-Step underlay:
- It levels your floor: the Quick-Step vinyl underlay helps prevent irregularities.
- It reduces impact sound: without an underlay, Luxury Vinyl Tiles have a very low impact sound reduction capacity (for example, adding the basic underlay reduces impact sound by up to 16 dB).
- It is perfectly smooth and therefore ideal for the Uniclic system.
- It offers extra stability, thanks to its integrated anti-slip layer.
- It is perfectly suitable for use with underfloor heating or cooling.
- It eliminates the creaking noise of small dust and other particles underneath the floor.
- The density and thickness of Quick-Step underlays is optimised for Quick-Step Luxury Vinyl Tile floors. Using a different underlay may damage your floor and void your warranty. Check the warranty document that comes with your product for specific terms and conditions.